FMCG Retail Project
nexxDooR Retail (a retail chain company) is a chain of retail store across country. Their stores are predominantly having a range of products that are needed for daily use. The products from Oral care, Skin care, Hair care, Cleaning items, Food items, Cosmetics etc. While the company is running a chain of retail store for last 20 years, they in the phase of rationalizing the products to offer right things to their customer and eliminate the items that are rarely moving on regular basis.
The company also understands that customer’s need changes over time and hence the management want to do a market study to understand the additional fast-moving products that can be added to the stores.
The company want the Analytics consultant to work on this data and focus on two areas as mentioned below.
- Perform a research study on FMCG (Fast-Moving Consumer Goods) and create a PowerPoint presentation to demonstrate the key learnings
- Study the given data to answer the questions (not limited to):
- Revenue by Product Category
- Fast-moving products vs slow-moving products
- How is the overall sales trend?
- What are the key products?
- Store wise sales analysis
- Store wise fast-moving products
- Store wise slow-moving products
- What product do you think need to be eliminated (if any) at store level or overall?
- …and more
You need to prepare an excel report to showcase the analysis. Make sure that the report is dynamic and interactive.
Dynamic report means once old data is replaced with the new one, everything must be updated automatically without any further modification in the formula/range.
Interactive report means clicking on a filter must update the relevant data, table, charts etc.
You must use Formula, charts, data validation, conditional formatting, pivot tables, slicer etc. as appropriate.
Perform an online research to find out what other products across categories can be added to serve the customers need.
- The key findings, charts and tables need to be presented in PowerPoint slides
- You need to write the key insights based on charts/report in every slide. The slide must look a professional business presentation
- Create an “Executive Summary” slide where you need to write 3-key actionable insights from the analysis
- There must be a separate slide on research outcome to recommend additional product that can be added in the store.
- So altogether you will have 3 presentations and 1 Report/Dashboard to present to the core team
- Read about research techniques before starting this project.
- Explore Pareto principle (also known as 80/20 rule) and think about its implementation in this project
- Read about benchmarking